A fun and safe learning environment for three to five year olds!
Your child(ren) will benefit from a Christ-centered curriculum that teaches children the values and morals of serving God and others.
Our preschool and prekindergarten curriculum also emphasizes fundamental, school-ready principles, including age appropriate mathematics, literacy, science, social studies and art.
Children will also practice important social skills while developing additional daily skills such as zipping, buttoning, personal hygiene and other fine and large motor coordination skills.
Advanced learners are offered phonics, beginning writing skills, early math concepts and beginning sign language.
Watch our videos from inside the classrooms below.
- Children must be at least four years old on or prior to July 31 to enroll in the four- and five- year old classes.
- Children must be at least 3 years old on or prior to July 31 to enroll in the 3-year-old classes.
- Children MUST be fully toilet trained prior to the start of school.
- A copy of your child’s immunizations must be obtained from your doctor and submitted at the time of registration.
St. Thomas More Pawprints Preschool offers both morning and afternoon Half Day sessions for 3 year olds:
8:00-11:00 a.m. or 12:10-3:00 p.m.
We also offer morning Half Day sessions for 4-5 year old prekindergarten students from 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Specific details below:
- Prekindergarten Mon/Wed/Fri (3 Mornings per week) Classes for 4-5 year olds: $1,550/year
- Prekindergarten Mon-Fri A.M. Class for 4-5 year olds : $2,250/year
- Preschool Tues/Thurs Classes for 3 year olds : $1,200/year
STM Pawprints Preschool offers All Day sessions for 3, 4 and 5 year olds from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Prekindergarten Mon-Fri Classes for 4-5 year olds: $4,250/year
- Prekindergarten Mon/Wed/Fri Classes for 4-5 year olds: $2,650/year
- Preschool Mon/Wed/Fri Classes for 3 year olds: $2,650/year
- Preschool Mon-Fri Classes for 3 year olds: $4,250/year
NOTE: Pawprints preschool and preK students qualify for extended care (More details on those hours and cost below).
Preschool and Prekindergarten students will wear the St. Thomas More school uniform. This consists of girl’s jumpers (Dennis Uniforms), navy uniform pants (no cargo pants), and navy or white polo shirts. Pants and polos do not need to be purchased though Dennis Uniforms but are available there.
How to Register for 2021-2022
Families already enrolled at St. Thomas More: Simply log into Sycamore, click My School, and then click Admission Portal to begin admissions.
Preschool Extended Care
Pawprints Preschool Extended Care compliments the hours of our preschool for working parents by providing before and after school care. Children will spend their time in quality activities under the supervision of compassionate and caring teachers. Preschool Extended Care is available for students enrolled in our 3 Day and 5 Day Classes Preschool and Prekindergarten Classes.
The requirements of children enrolled in Preschool Extended Care are the same as the preschool/prekindergarten requirements.
Preschool Extended Care Hours of Operation
Preschool Extended Care is open between the hours of 6:45 a.m.-7:45 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (5 p.m. - 6 p.m. available for an additional $8 per day.).
All registrations will be accepted on a first come-first served basis and spaces are limited.
Preschool/Prekindergarten Extended Care Fees
A signed Preschool/Prekindergarten Extended Care Commitment Form and a non-refundable $50 registration fee are required for enrollment in the Preschool Extended Care Program. (This is in addition to the $100 registration fee for preschool.) Please make checks payable to OCSC (Omaha Catholic School Consortium). Preschool/Prekindergarten Extended Care fees are based on $4.00 per hour rate and will be assessed on a monthly rate. An afternoon snack is included in this fee. All Extended Care fees are due by the first of the month.
Choose the Preschool/Prekindergarten Extended Care Commitment Form that is appropriate for your child's class days and submit it to the school office with your DHHS Children's Record and your $50 registration fee. Please call St. Thomas More's Pawprints Preschool at 402-551-9504 ext. 106 for more information.
- Morning Only Preschool & Prekindergarten Extended Care Commitment Form
- Afternoon Only Preschool & Prekindergarten Extended Care Commitment Form
- Morning & Afternoon Preschool & Prekindergarten Extended Care Commitment Form
- DHHS Child Record Form
- Mrs. Lila's Class- Three-year-old supply list
- Mrs. Vomacka's Class- Four/Five-year-old supply list
- Mrs. Hower's Class- Four/Five-year-old supply list
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Option
Transitional kindergarten is a two-year kindergarten program meant to support students who are eligible for kindergarten (5 year olds by July 31, 2021), but who could benefit from additional academic and social preparation prior to a traditional kindergarten setting.
The program also supports children who have just missed the Nebraska age guideline for entrance into kindergarten and will turn five between August 1 and October 15. Students should to be mature enough and academically ready for a step past prekindergarten. Families wishing to enroll in the TK class will need to have a conversation with the TK instructor and/or Prekindergarten Director before enrolling in TK. Through a combination of prekindergarten and kindergarten curriculum, the program intends to help every child be on grade level by third grade, if not sooner. TK students partake in all aspects of a school day just like kindergarten through eighth grade students.
Contact us to see more videos and photos from within our classes. We can't wait to talk with you about our programs and welcome your family into our school!